Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A tribute to my Golden Girl... I love you Layne!

On July 26th, my amazing friend Layne turned 26!!! and Yes, that means it was her golden birthday. She made me proud by decking herself our in gold.
On the Saturday before her birthday, Colette, Layne, Jamie, and I went down to L.A. to watch "In the Heights" in the Pantages theater. I love the theater and I especially love musicals. Can I just say that I wish my life could just break out in song and dance all the time. I didn't know exactly what "In the Heights" was about but as I watched I wasn't let down. It was an amazing show and I would definitely suggest that everyone go see it.




I am not quite sure if anyone knows just how long Layne and I have been friends.... well let's just say that our moms were friends before we were even born so when we were born exactly 2 months apart it was a smooth and natural friendship. I am truly blessed to have a friend like Layne that I have literally spent my whole life with and praise God for the person that she has grown up to be.

Here are 26 favorite memories that I have with Layne over these past 26 years.
1. Camping trips to Carpenteria
2. Filling out bathing suits with sand and pretending that we had huge bellies.
3. When we were little I would take the candles down that were too high for Layne to reach and she would eat them.
4. Spritzer and chili picante corn nuts at Hartland
5. Making up many dances together
6. Finding out that Layne was getting to come to RBG in 4th grade
7. Planning our barn dance in my dad's new shop
8. Dee Dee giving us good luck fishing up at Huntington
9. Dress up, dress up, and more dress up
10. Homemade movies... "get on the hog"
11. Staying up to all hours of the night beating Mario Bros.
12. Having Layne there when Katie and I cleaned our room so that she could take all of the stuff we didn't want.
13. The best college roommate ever!! Sch and Krause House
14. Spring Break at NewPort beach (melissa's tattoo)
15. Dying our own hair
16. Camp outs in my back yard
17. 2 words... Pancake Pantry
18. Layney Loo
19. Neicey Woo
20. Making brown bobbies
21. Getting a ride inside of the cotton picker with Layne's dad
22. Layne's car catching on fire (loved the bug)
23. Picking a football team because it's always more fun to have someone to cheer for
24. Sunday afternoon bike rides with tandy
25. Smoking our 1st cigar by the 13 palms
26. Three legged race champions in the Awana Olympics!!!

Let's make some more memories.
Love you Layne!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I thought your golden birthday was when you turned 26, but after googling it, I get it now. I guess I would have been 11 on my golden birthday. Too bad I didn't know about it then.

Julie said...

That's so sweet, Denise!
My golden b-day was when I was 7... I may have to figure out a way to make another golden b-day. Maybe when I'm 81 since I was born in 1981? I think that sounds pretty good.

Colette said...

I agree with Julie's idea -- I missed my golden birthday (which was also 26), so I think I'll celebrate when I'm 59.
Now, about those cigars... just exactly when -- never mind, I don't want to know.

Denise Feil said...

I do agree that we need to figure out a new method for golden birthdays.... everyone should have an excuse to wear a ridiculous amount of gold!!

Susan Martinez said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I am so glad you two girls had your golden birthdays in the same year!!!

Erin...Harr! said...

I love it! So many awesome memories!!!! I love you both!