Thursday, September 22, 2011

Levi James Feil

Levi James Feil
7 lbs. 14 oz.
21 in. long

Well, here we go on our new adventure. It all started at 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 17, 2011. Katie, Henry, and Charlie were in Fresno and hung out for the day on Saturday while John attended a coaches clinic at Fresno City College. We went shopping all day and I felt totally normal. Not even a hint that this little guy would be coming in just a few hours. I had worked up until that Friday but with my sister's experiences of being induced on day 10 with both of her boys, I was expecting to be late as well.... God had different plans.

Andrew and I went to bed at 10:30 that night and at 11:30 I was startled awake when my water broke. At first I wasn't sure what happened but figuring that I didn't pee my pants, it must have been my water. Contractions didn't start right away so I jumped in the shower before plans were made. The doctor told us because of possible infections we should come in right away.... a few minutes later the contractions started. Not slow and easy like some people but pretty intense right away. We got to the hospital and was immediately checked in and sent to a room to be checked out. YES, they confirmed my water broke and that labor was in progress (who needs to "check" and make sure a woman is in labor...) From there we were taken to the delivery room and got all set up. Everything progressed really fast. I got to the hospital at 4 cm and in about 45 mins was at 5 cm. 5 cm. lasted for about an hour with hard contractions and so much pressure in between that I couldn't catch my breath. I also started to have the shakes which made me feel out of control of my body. I first asked for iv pain meds but instead went right for the epidural. As much as I would like to have a completely natural birth, I can't say that I regret getting it. Things calmed down after that except the shakes continued. I tried to sleep for awhile but the shakes kept me up. Andrew on the other hand had no problems sleeping on the window seat next to me. 30 mins. after the epidural, they checked my again and I was at 7 cm, 45 mins later at an 8 and an hour later at a 10. It was now about 5 a.m. Again, hearing Katie's story, I didn't want to start pushing until I felt the urge and the nurse agreed since they hadn't even called the doctor yet. I waited until 6:30 and then started to push. After about 4 pushes, she told me the doctor was on his way but if I kept pushing this baby would be out before he got here so I stopped. 20 minutes later my doctor came in and after 3 pushes, Levi came into the world at &:12 a.m. About an hour later I got really queezy a threw up quite a bit but all in all it was a good process with no complications... thank you Jesus!!








Welcome to the world!

8 comments:

Toni said...

Thanks for sharing your story! I love reading about births, everyone is so different. Happy you had a great experience. Enjoy your precious boy, he is adorable!

Jenny said...

Congrats Denise! He's so cute. I can't wait to meet him. Glad your delivery went well.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you.
Aunt Debbie

Jen said...

Praise God! Levi is absolutely precious. Congrats again to your new family of 3!

Jill V said...

Congrats, Denise! I loved reading your story too! (I must admit though, just Saturday night I read your "39 wks" post and I told Marcus you were definitely having a girl! Boy was I wrong! :)) Levi is adorable. Glad you're both doing well.

Colette said...

Oh, Denise, he is just precious! What a blessing! Can't wait to meet him :)

Katie said...

Great post Denise! I'm so glad that little Levi is here safe and sound. I can't wait to get back up to Fresno to hold him again! Andrew's pictures are fantastic :)

Nancy said...

Congratulations!! Your pictures are wonderful! Levi is adorable! (I'm guessing that you are not missing your job now =))