Sunday, May 30, 2010

Triathlon

Andrew and I did our 1st triathlon on May 23, up in Auburn. We had some friends and family, Sheila, Chad, and Uncle Ryan, do it with us which made it that much more fun. Andrew finished in 2 hours and 21 mins. Sheila and I stayed together the whole time and finished in 2 hours and 27 mins. As tired as we were when we finished, I definitely think this triathlon will be the 1st of many.

Auburn Sprint:
1,000 meter swim
18 mile bike
4.3 mile run


The swim: Can I just say that whoever invented the wet suit is my new best friend!!! Swimming a lake though was a new experience. Talk about confusing. Majority of the time I had no idea where I was going. I had to stop and look up after about every 5 strokes.
The Bike: We were told that the first 6 miles was all solid up hill, which they were definitely right. But why is it that when we finished mile 6 we were still going up hill.... they forgot to mention that pretty much the whole course was up hill.
The run: Beautiful course along a stream and through trees.

Great Experience!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Good Job! Who took all the pictures for you?