Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Golden Birthday


This birthday has definitely topped the charts of all time greatest birthdays for 2 reasons:
1. It was my golden birthday (I turned 26 on the 26th)
2. My amazing husband planned a semi-surprise party for me

When I got home from work on Friday I was greeted at the door by 2 of my most favorite people, Layne and Kim, both of whom were wearing 80's attire. I had to walk through gold streamers to get into the door and immediately noticed that the house was decked out in gold. Talk about golderific!! I was told I had to go into my room and put on my outfit which Layne had picked out for me to wear. (A HOTT gold sweater from Goodwill, a gold belt, gold ring, gold earrings, spray painted gold shoes, and my personal favorite, tights that looked like stone-washed jeans.) I was soon ready for the party.

I walked outside to 80's / 90's music playing (thanks Christian) and Andrew dressed in an incredibly outrageous Gold outfit. He couldn't have looked better. Friends started to show up wearing either gold or 80's clothing. I don't know how anyone could not have a great time when dressing up is involved?!?!? We ate amazing food and then moved the party to Cedar Lanes where, if I can remember right, the girls beat the guys in bowling=) I have amazing friends and an amazing husband who made me feel so special on my golden birthday.


Thank you Katie for sending up a cute bunting card and a delicious chocolate sheet cake. It was as if you were there!







More photos to follow...

1 comment:

Susan Martinez said...

I wish I could have been there, Denise! It looks like you had so much fun though and I LOVED your outfit!!!